In-Home Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care in Miami, FL
Call 786-360-3449 now for a free home visit!
Dementia can sound scary when it’s part of your aging loved one’s diagnosis, but with the proper care, people with mild forms of dementia can still maintain a good quality of life. Even if the dementia progresses, with some adjustments, your loved one can continue to live at home near friends and family.
Dementia is a medical term applied to a noticeable mental decline that causes disruption to daily life. Some symptoms of dementia include:““
- Memory loss
- Serious lapses in reasoning skills
- Significant language impairment
- Inaccurate interpretation of visual cues
- Inability to pay attention
A general decline in mental functioning and abilities is a natural part of aging. If you see signs of significant impairment in the areas listed above, dementia could be present. Depending on any underlying physical health issues that might trigger dementia, it may improve with time and treatment. The progression of dementia could also be slowed in many cases.
Treatment for Dementia
Although there is no cure, there are a few options for dementia care. South Florida has a concentration of geriatric medical specialties because of the aging population in that region. A medical specialist in your area may prescribe medication to treat the symptoms of dementia. Memory loss, aggressive behavior and sleep issues can usually be controlled with medication.
Patients with dementia, however, need assistance to get through their daily activities. Remembering to take their medication is one of the most important aspects of their care. If you cannot stay with your loved one all day, every day, some assistance will be required.
Treatment for Alzheimer’s
There is no cure for Alzheimer’s yet, but there are medications and activities that might slow the progression of the disease. There are typically bouts of unusually aggressive behavior associated with Alzheimer’s that can be controlled with medication. This behavior might be a result of increased anxiety, which can also be relieved with medication.
Once it sets in, Alzheimer’s can advance rapidly or slowly depending on the individual case. The mind tends to deteriorate faster than the body in most cases, which leaves older adults with Alzheimer’s in a rather child-like state. Some may require help with basic functions like eating and dressing themselves.
Benefits of In-Home Dementia and Alzheimer’s Treatment
Remaining in their home is one way dementia patients can ease their anxiety. Being in a familiar setting can help your loved ones remain independent longer than if they move to a strange place where they have to learn a new routine. In their own home, your loved ones are comfortable with their surroundings. They know where everything is and how to get around.
Active Senior Care can arrange an array of services to meet clients’ needs and continue to take care of them as their dementia progresses. With Active Senior Care, your loved ones can stay in their own home and get the care they need to remain as independent as possible. We help you rest easier knowing your loved one is taken care of, even when you cannot be with them.
North Miami dementia care arranged through Active Senior Care can include assistance with cooking, housekeeping, laundry and more. Qualified caregivers provide assistance to seniors with all of their activities of Daily Living and their visits provide companionship to seniors living alone. Caregivers also provide transportation to medical appointments when needed and accompany our clients to these appointments.
If your loved one is in need of Alzheimer’s care in Miami, Aventura, Coral Gables, Florida or anywhere in the South Florida area, Active Senior Care can refer more advanced care right in their home. Caregivers can help with bathing, toileting, dressing and other personal care needs. If necessary, we can help arrange skilled nursing to manage medications, handle wound care, perform physical therapy and draw blood when needed.
With Active Senior Care, your loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s can remain in their homes where you’re used to visiting them. You will know they are well cared for when you cannot be there and their quality of life will be optimal for the rest of their days.
Active Senior Care: In-Home Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Services You Can Count On
As a nurse registry dedicated to referring and matching you to the right caregiver, we offer more than the home care agencies you’re used to — because we have access to so many more registered care professionals than other care services. Plus, we go above and beyond with our efforts because we’re dedicated to your needs.
When you choose Active Senior Care, you can count on the following benefits:
- Referral to qualified, specialized caregivers who can meet all your in-home needs with their skills — plus, all caregivers are insured and federally screened before working with you.
- Quick response time — your care can start right away with same-day services setup.
- Free in-home evaluation to ascertain your needs.
- Free caregiver interviews, so you feel completely comfortable with your care.
- Flexible schedules to work with your needs, including 24/7 on-call services and no minimum for hours of service.
- Reasonable rates accommodating to your needs.
- Long-term care insurance activation and guidance, free of charge. Read our guide to long-term care insurance to learn more.
High-Quality In-Home Senior Care in FL
Help your loved one maintain a high quality of life with in-home Alzheimer’s and dementia care services. In-home Alzheimer’s and dementia care services allow your loved one with Alzheimer’s disease to maintain their daily routines in the comfort of familiar surroundings. With Active Senior Care’s Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Package, you can feel confident that someone will meet your needs directly at your home. Alzheimer’s and dementia care services include all the benefits of companionship and personal care services plus:
- Mind stimulation activities and games: Stimulating leisure and social events are crucial in maintaining a healthy brain for clients diagnosed with dementia and Alzheimer’s. Games, puzzles and reading are just a few examples of mind-stimulating activities for both dementia and Alzheimer’s clients.
- Constant conversation and interaction: Alzheimer’s and dementia diagnoses are associated with many communication changes. Active Senior Care will match your senior with a passionate caregiver who is experienced in conversation and interpreting the speech of those needing specialized care.
- Personalized supervision to detect changes: Our nurse registry refers caregivers who customize clients’ daily schedules to match their interests and intellectual capacity. They will continually check-in to assess any changes in client status and ensure that current living configurations remain safe and constructive.
- Caregivers with direct experience: High-quality senior care starts with insured, qualified caregivers. Active Senior Care only refers experienced, empathetic and dedicated caretakers who want to see your senior be as healthy and happy as you do.
Alzheimer’s In-Home Health Care in Miami
Active Senior Care serves the Alzheimer’s and Dementia care needs of these communities in the South Florida region: Miami, Aventura, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Hollywood, Hallandale Beach, Pembroke Pines, Fort Lauderdale, Coral Springs and the surrounding areas. To learn more about the level of care available for your loved ones in their own home in South Florida, read some of our frequently asked questions or contact Active Senior Care today.
Call 786-360-3449 now for a free home visit!